Friday, August 14, 2009

Taylor starts Kindergarten!










I can't believe that Taylor is starting Kindergarten. He is so ready for this journey in his life, but I am not. It has been so much fun getting to spend all summer hanging out with my little buddy, but now it is time to begin a new chapter in his life. No more sleeping until 8:30! No more swimming all day! No more Mcwane center, jump zones , and no more being on my time! I am handing over my precious child for a full 8 hour day without me. I hope we have done our job as parents preparing him for this journey. We have been praying for kind hearted friends at school, and a patient teacher for the past few nights.


So, the night before school we had everything ready! Clothes laid out, snack packed and alarm set! He was so excited about getting up and getting on the bus, which I am not thrilled about!!

This little ginger bread man that we had to pin to his shirt was a lifesaver. Most of the kids can't read at this age, so you wonder how they are going to get to class. His class color is red, so he just had to walk down the hall and find the door with a red ginger bread man. Oh, and notice the five digit number at the bottom of his foot. Yes, he has to memorize this number and punch it in a key pad when he goes through the lunch line! Scary huh??

Marjorie Ann was so sad to tell her bubbie bye! Bella was sad too! Bella is going to be a little bit bored not having the constant entertainment of Taylor. There will be no pictures of Bella because she will be sleeping through the morning school routine. Bella learned to say that bubbie is at school, which she repeated all day long!!

Taylor looked so cute all dressed up for school with his little bag. All of the kids carry this same bag so they are recognized for being in kindergarten. You could just see the excitement in his eyes! I did not sleep all night long! I was so worried we would sleep through school. I woke Taylor up at 6:30 to the smell of blueberry muffins. He jumped right out of bed, and was ready to catch the bus!! The bus was suppose to come at 7:31 per the school, but low and behold at 7:14 we see the bus coming down the street. We grabbed his bag ran outside, and he hopped on the bus. He walked all the way to the back of the bus then sat in a seat all alone! He looked out the window and had the biggest smile on his face, and was waving to me. That is when the tears started flowing!! I cried for most of the day!! Tanner missed everything! He was upstairs getting ready when we had to dart out of the door! The girls and I went to the pool to try and pass the day.



Yay!! At 3:18 Taylor made it home! I was so excited to see him, but careful not to hug him at the bus stop because that is embarrassing!! He had so much to tell me about his day. He was so tired of me asking questions about school, but I wanted to know every detail. I learned that the the lunchroom pizza is gross! PE was really hard!! Rest time was boring, and the bus is really hot!! One day down only 167 more to go. UGH! I am really proud of Taylor for completing his first day of Kindergarten!!

P.S. I am going to try and start blogging more now that I have some free time in the morning!





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to cry for you! Boo-hoo that sounded so hard for you both.
    I think it is amazing that you blogged about it though, so when years from now he wants to know what his first day was like you will be able to tell him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to cry!! He is such a big boy now. I hope he has a great year (with no more than 12 absent days) :-)

    ReplyDelete